moved.moved.moved

Monday, June 09, 2003

feeling a strange sense of satisfaction
today was a crazy day. insanely tiring. had filming this morning till 10, den rushed down to basc[heartfriends] for some volunteer work. todays filming was nutical. i had to scream the f word many times into the camera and i had to angrily cry out.. u know.. like crying type of angry, so was a little difficult cos i was really tired and so not in the mood to be angry, much less to just cry. so i was rather relieved when i managed to kick my ass outta filming and head down to the before-after-school centre.

well, i reached around ten and i was sent to help with the english programme for the primary one students. there were the particularly naughty ones, and the few guai ones who attentively did their work. oh! there was this really pretty primary one girl, felicia, man, shes gonna grow up to be some belle or sth :) yup, and it was painfully difficult trying to teach the slower kids their english but with enduring patience, the kids and i nailed some words and vocab into their heads. they were rally playful, always standing up and asking for sweets, or being easily distracted. focus would hardly be an apt word for them. heh, but they were lovingly adorable and i felt like i was looking after my kid sister again. they clambered all over me, rubbed my hair, called me a ghost cos i had red hair haha and uhhh pinched my butt. but that was only once. haha and they were all fighting to hold my hand and walk with me. felt like a celebrity. wha. haha kidding larh. it was really nice to be able to teach them, in a way it reduced me to being more simple-minded, naive and innocent. to feel childish all over again and just appreciate the simple things we have in life, friends

to serve with the cell kids just inspired me greatly. their willingness to serve acted as a motivation for me to want to serve more selflessly. really have learnt alot from them. and today was also a great day for us as teenagers, to learn. to learn how to humble ourslves, lay down our pride and to just serve with all we have.