moved.moved.moved

Sunday, August 03, 2003

you know something? i was asleep just now and when i woke up i went to check my eyes out cos they were really painful and i saw the mini scar that resulted from the eye ulcer. but u know what else i saw?

i saw myself.

yeah, its nothing egoistical, its actually quite scary. its like seeing the little me inside myself, the little me that takes control of my life and refuses to surrender my all to God. its like seeing my own life being controlled by a little egoistical me that i take pride in. ive always read as to how sometimes when u look into your own eyes, sometimes we get too caught up within ourselves. take for example; when u take photos, lets say digital photos or neoprints, or any form of instantaneous photos, who do you look at first when it first comes out?

yourself. one will always comment "oh i look too fat" or "oh my hair's so messy" and then we proceed to look at others. its quite scary to come to think of it now. are we too caught up with ourselves? or with our lives? maybe the symbolism behind this morning's picture pastor ian was about how we are too caught up with our lives that we keep missing God out, we fail to include Him into our plans.

so next time, when you take photos, just catch yourself. you're looking at yourself arent u? :)