moved.moved.moved

Wednesday, October 01, 2003

i just got back not too long ago. pardon me, this is going to be a relatively long post. well, met locke for early dinner at adams road, good satay and chicken murtabak, took pictures of the "God governs blahblah" drink stall, and just did the usual catching up.

initially was supposed to go somewhere else but didnt. junwen was having a drinking party and i really wanted to go because i was feeling like shit but coming home drenched in vodka and bacardi wasnt a very nice thought, and getting drunk wont solve anything. im real sorry junwen, yr enlisting tmrw, do take care of yrself buddy. will miss you. dont worry i'll call her. *winks*

yeah so i went back home and just sat by my pool on one of my favourite deck chairs and just stared at the sky for two whole hours. and yeah there wasnt a single star tonight, how sad. and i just thought and thought, beat myself up with frustration and made myself feel worst actually. so i left my things on the deck chair, took off my shoes and ran outside. i ran so fast i could hardly breathe, i ran so hard i couldnt feel the wind. when i finally stopped, i looked up and i saw rgs.

i really miss that school. life was in a way simpler, and things were less complicated. memories of me and my classmates just standing at the amphi singing songs and cheering loudly during celebrations just flooded my mind. memories of walking to rgs and bumping into classmates, friends or juniors, memories of sitting at the bench outside the ncc room and chatting for hours with friends, memories of the cafeteria food that tasted excellent, especially the fried chicken wings on tues and thurs from the malay stall. all these memories were so overwhelming. i just sat on the road[no im not crazy, and yes i had dirty feet] and stared at the school in all of its stupendous glory and i sighed. i dont know why i sighed but i did.

i walked back void of any emotion and just sat back on the deck chair stoning at the dark blue sky. i just felt so lost, and alone. i gathered my thoughts and seemingly sorted through them and realised the amount of shit ive unknowingly gotten myself into, my extreme stupidity or naivity and i sighed again.

i went back up and here i am now. but if theres one thing i earned back today, it was the raffles spirit. rgs played such a pivotal role in my life.

hand in hand we work and strive for the best things in life .